The Top 10 Benefits of CBD
CBD – the short form of cannabidiol – has become a well-recognized product with ever-increasing popularity. With unquestionable healing powers, medicines don’t become this popular for no reason. CBD is no exception to this.
As the non-psychoactive component of the Cannabis sativa plant, CBD is made into tinctures, capsules, isolates, gummies and more. Even Walmart is stocking CBD on their .com shelves. Let’s get clear on what CBD is and how it can support your wellness.
First, let’s look at some of the facts about CBD. While the benefits do seem endless, we encourage you to make sure CBD is right for you – both in safety and effectiveness.
- Cannabis sativa has over 100 separate cannabinoids; these are compounds secreted by the cannabis flowers. Another well-known cannabinoid is THC, the psychoactive component commonly known as the active part of Cannabis or marijuana, the part that makes one feel ‘high.’ CBD is non-psychoactive, making it an attractive source of symptom relief for many.
- The 2 main species of the Cannabis sativa plant are hemp and cannabis. These 2 species have different combinations of cannabinoids. Hemp has a higher amount of CBD than Cannabis as well as 0.3% of THC or less. Cannabis has higher THC content.
- The Endocannabinoid System, a system of cannabinoid receptors on human cells that communicate with the entire body, has been and continues to be studied. It was discovered sometime around the 1980s and continues to be studied today. A phyto (plant) cannabinoid such as CBD has the potential to heal so much and scientists continue to learn more about its incredible benefits with each study conducted.
- CBD communicates with 2 primary cannabinoid receptors in the human body:
- CB1 – found in the brain, spine and Central Nervous System
- CB2 – found in the immune and digestive systems
- Here at Grassroots Medicinal, we offer CBD in isolate form. A CBD isolate is isolated cannabidiol in pure form. This means the CBD is separated from the other components in the plant, including THC, making the resulting product both pure and concentrated.
The Grassroots Medicinal Top 10 Benefits of CBD
- Lowers Stress and Anxiety: helps calm the nervous system and creates a sense of psychological safety, which can calm anxious thoughts. CBD is a natural, safe and gentle treatment with the potential to lift “heavy” feelings and elevate happiness. It has also been studied for its antipsychotic properties.
- Fights Insomnia: CBD can help you sleep through the night by allowing the mind to calm, helping the body to relax and by alleviating overall tension. CBD is believed to impact our circadian rhythms, which regulate our sleep/wake cycle. This means CBD can help one both fall asleep and stay asleep.
- Improves Focus: helping memory and attention, CBD can sharpen your focus and level of presence, while reducing lethargy.
- Anti-Seizure Properties: studies are showing a reduction in the number of seizures for epilepsy patients using CBD, as well as a reduction in muscle spasms for other neurological disorders that were known to be resistant to other forms of treatment. Be sure to speak to your health professional/specialist to be sure this is a safe option for you.
- PTSD: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is a very serious condition affecting many around the world. It is believed that CBD acts on the serotonin receptors – mood-regulating neurotransmitters – in the brain. CBD is a natural, safe and gentle treatment with the potential to lift “heavy” feelings and elevate happiness, induce restful sleep, and calm the nervous system.
- Depression: depression has been named the #1 reason for disability worldwide and CBD can help calm the nervous system and boost your mood by acting on serotonin receptors in the brain.
- Chronic Pain and Inflammation: reduce inflammation related to pain for those with arthritis and has been shown in studies to calm and soothe nerve pain, specifically for conditions such as sciatica. CBD has also shown to be effective for relieving muscle spasms. For topical pain relief, try our CBD Topical Salve.
- Cancer Treatment Symptoms: CBD has been used to treat some of the side effects of cancer treatments, such as chemotherapy. It has provided relief to many cancer patients who experience nausea and/or vomiting as a side effect of their treatments. Some preliminary studies are showing CBD to be anti-cancer and further research is being done to learn how it might be used to fight cancer.
- Skincare: because CBD is anti-inflammatory, it is believed to calm redness and irritation, making it helpful for conditions like acne. It is also believed to help regulate sebum production – the oil secreted by the sebaceous glands through the pores of the skin – minimizing excess oil that could lead to clogged pores. If you are using CBD to treat acne and/or excess oil production, try our Facial Serum Elixirs for both day and night.
- Heart Health: due to the anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of CBD, it is shown to have a positive effect on the circulatory system, helping with both blood flow and elimination of toxins from the blood. This means it has the potential to lower blood pressure and help prevent heart disease.
Safety and CBD
While CBD is safe for many, it’s important to assess whether there are any risks for you. According to the Mayo Clinic, CBD does have some side effects, including dry mouth, diarrhea, reduced appetite, drowsiness and fatigue. CBD can also interact with other medications you’re taking, such as blood thinners. Check with your medical/health professional if you are taking medications or if you have any concerns about how CBD may interact with your body.
Lastly, a product like ours that is pure is also of the utmost importance. Within the myriad of CBD products available, you will find variance in both purity and dosage. Be sure to use CBD from a reliable vendor such as Grassroots Medicinal to experience the full benefits of this incredible plant medicine.
Learn about using CBD with our Microdose Blend
Purchase the Rest and Reset Blend